by Corrine Casanova
StartUpNV, Nevada’s non-profit state-wide business incubator, is seeking mentors, founders and volunteers for newcomers in Nevada’s vibrant start-up community. They recently took over the reins of VMS, a Summit Venture Mentoring Service, from the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN). They are currently seeking the following:
Member Companies / Founders
- Seeking scalable Nevada based start-ups in any industry. Scalable means the company has potential to grow to 100 or more employees, likely well over $10M in revenue with an exit strategy built around an 8 (or more) figure acquisition or IPO within 10 years. Seeking high growth potential.
- Seeking experienced founders / executives from various disciplines (sales, marketing, finance, engineering, design, operations, manufacturing, etc.) from companies that scaled from startup, raised capital, and were acquired or went through an IPO.Former senior-level executives from successful, high growth companies with expertise in a discipline helpful to startups. Angel / venture fund managers or participants.
- Seeking Speakers / presenters—industry or discipline authority in a subject matter critical to startup founders such as raising capital, marketing, selling, product development.
- Regional Director—leads membership related activities and programs for founders and member company leadership. Coordinates program for founders within StartUpNV programs.
- Volunteer Director—coordinates all volunteer activities. Identifies places where additional volunteers are needed.
- Other volunteer activities— web development with word press; general administration with web based technologies (hub spot, google forms, word press, etc.); event support (help with tasks at events)
Start-Up NV is excited about helping the startup community in even more ways — and helping startup founders to grow successfully. If interested in any of these opportunities, please contact Jeff Saling at firstname.lastname@example.org.