by Corrine Casanova
StartUpNV, Nevada’s non-profit state-wide business incubator, is seeking mentors, founders and volunteers for newcomers in Nevada’s vibrant start-up community. They recently took over the reigns of VMS, a Summit Venture Mentoring Service, from the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN). They are currently seeking the following:
Member Companies / Founders
- Seeking scalable Nevada based start-ups in any industry.Scalable means the company has potential to grow to 100 or more employees, likely well over $10M in revenue with an exit strategy built around an 8 (or more) figure acquisition or IPO within 10 years. Seeking high growth potential.
- Seeking experienced founders / executives from various disciplines (sales, marketing, finance, engineering, design, operations, manufacturing, etc.) from companies that scaled from startup, raised capital, and were acquired or went through an IPO.Former senior level executives from successful, high growth companies with expertise in a discipline helpful to startups. Angel / venture fund managers or participants.
- Seeking Speakers / presenters—industry or discipline authority in a subject matter critical to startup founders such as raising capital, marketing, selling, product development.
- Regional Director—leads membership related activities and programs for founders and member company leadership. Coordinates program for founders within StartUpNV programs.
- Volunteer Director—coordinates all volunteer activities. Identifies places where additional volunteers are needed.
- Other volunteer activities— web development with word press; general administration with web based technologies (hub spot, google forms, word press, etc.); event support (help with tasks at events)
Start-Up NV is excited about helping the startup community in even more ways — and helping startup founders to grow successfully. If interested in any of these opportunities, please contact Jeff Saling at firstname.lastname@example.org.